Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shabby Sympathy


Today’s card is for yesterday’s challenge on splitcoast. It was the clean and simple challenge to make a card with minimal layers and to give it a shabby chic look. I needed a sympathy card so I pulled out Elements of Style and used that. It is such a pretty set. I stamped the main flower image in Soft Suede on kraft. I then colored in the flowers with copic markers. I can’t say it enough, but these markers are pretty fabulous! Anyway, I colored the flowers in 3 shades of pink and the leaves in 2 shades of green. I added the pink satin ribbon and the With Sympathy sentiment. The sentiment is non SU. Apparently I do not have any SU sympathy sentiments. I’ll have to work on that. I then sponged Creamy Caramel on the edges of the kraft, the white card base, the ribbon and the sentiment circle to give it the shabby chic look. I spent a little time coloring but overall, this was a really quick card.

No comments:

Post a Comment