Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Creative Crew - DSP/Color Focus Card

Hello! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I wanted to post my other creative crew projects over the weekend but I didn't get a chance. I was too busy doing this:

We have decided to paint our ugly wood cabinets white. It already looks so much brighter in the kitchen. We would obviously love to just totally redo the whole kitchen but that is not in the budget. So for now this will do. I will post a picture once we get the doors back on and everything cleaned up.



Now for my next card. The challenge for this was to use the Timeless Portrait DSP. Since I didn't have that DSP, I used some of the colors from it. I love how this card came out. I plan to use it for a wedding that we are attending next weekend. For the background I used an image from the Friends Never Fade set and stamped it in black. Its hard to tell in the photo but I also stamped the Friendly Words wheel in versamark over the stamped images. It's a subtle little touch. I hope you like today's card and I hope you get a chance to take part in these challenges at Splitcoaststampers. Tomorrow I will share my final project which is my favorite!

Stamps: Friends Never Fade, Fabulous Florets, Friendly Words Wheel, Petite Pairs
Inks: Black, Lucky Limeade, Versamark
Paper: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Black, Sahara Sand, Vellum
Accessories: Black satin ribbon, top note die, lattice embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is going to look so awesome, bright and cheerful done in white! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    This card is beautiful!! Love the colors and that DSP is one of my new favs!! I will be showcasing this card on My Crafty Picks #33 with a link back to your blog on 9-11-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge for being featured too!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my card!

    ReplyDelete