Monday, November 3, 2014

Wonderous Wreath Ornaments

Hello Happy November! How in the world did November get here so fast. I am now down to my last 2 weeks of maternity leave. :( That also went by super fast. So my crafting is probably going to take a hit once I get back to work, which is sad but I hope I can carve out a little time each week for some stamping. Today's project is what I had done the other week that I forgot to take pictures of. I had made up a Christmas basket for my church bazaar and added one of these ornaments plus a set of cards.


I am very happy with how the ornaments came out that I made a few more for my cousins and sister in law. These were made with embroidery hoops and some fabric I got at Michaels. I stamped the wreath image onto felt and heat embossed it so the color would stay. I realized after my first wreath that if I stamped it and ran it through the big shot the ink would rub off. I think I needed to let it dry longer or emboss it which worked out well. I colored some pearls with a red sharpie (or Blendabilites would work too) and placed a few on the wreath. I cut out the ribbon from felt as well and added a gold button. Then I used some of the snowflakes from the Frosted sequins. The first picture shows the ornaments before I decided to add the word "joy" to them.


I cut out "Joy" with the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper. This paper is so pretty! I used some real red ribbon so you can hang it from the tree. I realized after that I had Real Red cotton ribbon which I would have liked to use instead. But I forgot I even had it. (This is what happens when you have too much ribbon!!)


And lastly here they are all packaged up. I just put them in cellophane bags and tied them with Pear Pizzazz seam binding. I hope you enjoy today's project. These were so fun to make! I just love the Wonderous Wreath set. I have a card to share with you this week using this set again. It makes such pretty cards or gifts! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Wonderous Wreath
Paper: Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Versamark, Real Red
Accessories: Embroidery hoop, fabric, Real Red ribbon, Pear Pizzazz seam binding, Pearls, Frosted sequins, Wonderful Wreath framelits, Felt, Gold buttons, cellophane bags

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Jen. Love them with or without the Joy sentiment. Very cool idea to stamp on and die cut felt! Another super idea to CASE - I might even try stitching down the felt wreath on a felt circle backing and stitching up a totally felt ornament filled with something like lavender or crushed cinnamon sticks and cotton. Thanks for sharing all the details and firing up the inspiration in your readers. Hope you can enjoy the next two weeks of leave and after still find time to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I'm going to hit up the fabric store to see what I can get to try this! Thanks for sharing the details. Enjoy the remainder of your leave and congratulations too! ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone! Jean, I love your idea of adding a backing and filling the ornament with something. If I knew how to sew I would definitely try that. Until then, I'll wait to see your creation. :)

    ReplyDelete