Monday, April 11, 2016

Pretty Gold Butterfly


Hello! Happy Monday! I have a nice pretty card to brighten up your Monday. I feel like I've been doing quite a bit of crafting lately but I haven't been sharing much of it. As noticed by my last blog post dated at the beginning March. So I will work on sharing the things I have been doing. I've done a couple of invitations for showers and then I've been working on some cards to sell at a shop nearby. So I need to get on blogging about them. Today's card is one of the cards I will be selling.


I got inspiration from this card and this card. I took the elements I liked from both cards and combined them into one. I really liked the idea of painting the stripes on the paper. So I used my aqua painter and Wisteria Wonder ink to paint the lines on shimmer cardstock. I liked the element of the butterfly and flower stamp from the 2nd card so I added those to mine. The flower from Birthday Blooms was stamped in Crumb Cake on the shimmer cardstock. I then cut out a butterfly from the Champagne glimmer paper. The sentiment is from February's Paper Pumpkin kit. The banner and die are from the Large Number framelits. That is such a great banner. I can see that I will be using it on a lot of cards. To finish it off I added white baker's twine and some sequins from February's Paper Pumpkin kit. I just can't have a card without sequins. They are definitely one of my go-to's now and the ones in the Paper Pumpkin are fabulous!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Number of Years, February Paper Pumpkin stamp set
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Shimmer, Champagne glimmer paper
Accessories: Large Number Framelits, Butterflies thinlits, White baker's twine, Aqua painter, sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment