Monday, January 16, 2017

Made with Love - Baby Card


Happy Monday! Quick post for today. I had this idea last week to use the watercolor pencils on Crumb Cake cardstock (although I think I actually used Tip Top Taupe for this card). I wanted to see how they would come out. I wanted to color the image with the white pencil first and then color over it. I'm not sure it came out how I was thinking but I do like the look. I did get some piling on the cardstock but that's ok, it makes it look like the cat has fur, haha! After I colored with the white, I added some brown (for the deer) and gray (for the cat). I then cut them out and layered them on a Stitched Shapes circle. Yay they are back in stock!! Order now while you can!! Then I added some more gold accents with embossing powder, sequins,the metallic ribbon from SAB and the gold foil sheets. The gold foil sheets are a fun way to add to your card. As I was layering my card, I was looking for something underneath the Pear Pizzazz piece. It didn't look right with nothing but then I couldn't find a DSP or colored cardstock that I liked. Then as I was looking through my DSP, I found the foil sheets. PERFECT! It was the perfect touch to finish off this card.


I hope you like it! Stay tuned, the first blog hop of 2017 for the Stampin' Up! Artisan Team starts on Thursday!! YAY!!

Stamps: Made with Love
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Tip Top Taupe, Gold Foil sheets
Ink: Archival Black, Versamark, Tip Top Taupe
Accessories: Watercolor pencils, Blender pens, Stitched Shapes framelits, Layering Circle Framelits, Doilies, Metallic sequins, Metallic ribbon (SAB), gold embossing powder, Banner triple punch

No comments:

Post a Comment